The Head Softball Coach is responsible for all aspects of the Emory University Softball program. This position will plan and execute all coaching duties related to practices and competition, recruiting and evaluation, student-athlete development, scheduling, budget management, travel arrangements, and alumni and public relations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and evaluate highly competitive prospective student-athletes that meet the stringent academic requirements of Emory University.
- Responsible and accountable for the operating budget.
- Develop a competitive schedule and coordinate all team travel arrangements.
- Maintain and update the inventory of equipment, purchase uniforms and materials needed to successfully operate the program.
- Responsible for compliance of NCAA, UAA, and institution rules and regulations.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate assistant coach. Direct the activities of the assistant coach in the overall functions of the softball team; ensure compliance with NCAA, UAA and institution rules and regulations.
- Develop and maintain positive alumni and community relations.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; master’s degree preferred.
- Preferred experience playing or coaching softball at the collegiate level.
- Demonstrated commitment to a program of academic and athletic excellence.
- Leadership with the highest ethical standards.
- Possess strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a highly motivated environment.