The Head Softball Coach will be responsible for the management, oversight, and development of the highly successful ONU Softball program while providing vision and direction as the team continues to pursue its mission of “Winning Championships-Developing Champions.” ONU is a member of the NAIA and the CCAC. The Head Softball Coach reports directly to the Director of Athletics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the planning, creation, and implementation of a season training plan and daily workouts.
- Work within budgetary guidelines for all phases of the program.
- Complete fundraising activities, as needed, to support the program’s operational budget.
- Lead the recruiting and retention of 20+ student athletes to the program.
- Accepts responsibility for athletes’ conduct and appearance during home events and away.
- Some travel will be required for competitions and recruiting.
- Provide leadership at all practices and games.
- Manages field setup and execution of all home games.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Possess personal characteristics such as vision and excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding and sympathy for education in the Wesleyan tradition and Nazarene school sponsorship.
- Demonstrate an active relationship with Christ as expressed in faith and service, which is in accord with the mission of Olivet Nazarene University.
- Be a model of Christian discipleship as confirmed through active engagement in a local church, involvement in campus worship, and through a vibrant, current testimony.
- The Head Coach should possess a good knowledge of the sport including, but not limited to, knowledge of training and conditioning techniques and the ability to diagnose player deficiencies and prescribe corrective activities.