The Head Softball Coach is responsible for all aspects of the softball program. This includes but is not limited to recruitment of qualified student-athletes, practice planning and organization, budgeting, scheduling, supervising assistant coaches, administrative duties, and compliance with all Webster University, SLIAC and NCAA regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates, organizes, plans, and implements all aspects of the sport season, including coaching, practice and fundraising.
- Organizes and executes teaching of technical fundamentals and strategy through the use of practice plans.
- Establishes and fosters player relationships and discipline.
- Actively recruits and enrolls qualified student-athletes each year.
- Monitors academic progress of student-athletes throughout academic year.
- Establishes team fundraising goals each year.
- Oversees all aspects of the financial operation of the softball program, including the program budget.
- Supervises assistant coaches and student staff.
- Communicates immediately and effectively with athletics staff regarding any changes in practices and game contests.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum three (3) years of coaching experience at the collegiate level.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations. General understanding of NCAA Division III rules. NCAA Compliance Certified.
- Ability to recruit and retain qualified student-athletes.
- Must be certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals, techniques and strategies related to the sport of softball.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of university coaching.