Xavier University of Louisiana, an NAIA institution located in New Orleans, is seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Head Softball Coach for a full-time position. The head coach will report to the Executive Director of Athletics and Recreation. This individual will be responsible for all phases of the program.
- A bachelor’s degree is required from an accredited college or university.
- A strong commitment to the student-first concept.
- Strong organization, oral, written communication and computer skills are required.
- A demonstrated ability to recruit and work with culturally diverse groups of people is required.
- Manage the overall operation of the program.
- Monitor academic progress of student-athletes.
- Evaluate and recruit prospective student-athletes per NAIA rules.
- Collaborate with the Strength & Conditioning Coach and Athletic Training Room staff.
- Scout opponents and develop game plans.
- Establish a competitive schedule.
- Creating a safe and comfortable athletic and professional environment for student-athletes and with athletic department staff.
- Compliance with policies, procedures and rules of Xavier, Red River Athletic Conference, and the NAIA.
- Oversee fundraising and community outreach programs to promote the sport’s program as an integral part of the community and the University.