The head coach will direct all facets of a competitive NCAA Division III softball program with a special emphasis on recruitment of appropriate student-athletes; specific tasks include, but are not limited to: practice and game preparation; budgeting; academic support; fundraising for spring training trip; supervision of assistant coach(es); and insuring the general welfare and the development of the student-athlete. It is required that the candidate will have a complete understanding of all NCAA Division III philosophies and regulations, and will adhere to these at all times. Regular day, evening and weekend hours are required.
- Promote the positive development of student-athletes: academically, athletically, and personally.
- Monitor academic progress of student-athletes to insure eligibility and progress towards a degree.
- Recruit student-athletes for the varsity athletic program, in accordance with Lasell University and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Guidelines.
Coordinate all practice/game preparation for varsity program, and work with the scheduling coordinator to create a competitive playing schedule.
- Understand and adhere to all Lasell University, NCAA and Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) bylaws, rules, policies and protocols.
- Provide input to the AVP for Athletics regarding team budget and manage budget effectively.
- Work collaboratively with all professional members of the Athletic Department, including: athletic trainers, Athletic Communications Director, and event management staff.
- Communicate effectively with a variety of populations including prospective student-athletes and their families; Office of Undergraduate Admission; Health Services and Counseling Center.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Education level: Bachelor's Degree.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office.
- Other Requirements of the Job: Prior coaching and/or playing experience at the collegiate level; knowledge of NCAA Division III guidelines; and desire to build a strong Division III program, are required.