The Head Softball Coach guides students as they actively participate in athletics and academics. Being knowledgeable regarding NJCAA eligibility regulations, the position ensures that all student athletes are academically eligible to participate, working within their academic program towards completion, and preparing for their transition from Penn Highlands.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Overall team management, including but not limited to recruitment of student athletes under the guidelines established by the National Junior College Athletic Association, coordination of team practices, monitoring academic progress of athletes and preparing the team for competition.
- Ensuring academic progress of all student athletes, monitoring coursework and progress when necessary and assisting student athletes with registration and other enrollment issues as needed.
- Ensure that all competition guidelines and NJCAA regulations regarding eligibility and participation are maintained.
- Supervise assistant coaches where applicable and manage/coach all contests.
- Ensure that practice/contest facilities are prepared for use according to established procedures.
- Assist with maintaining an inventory of uniforms and equipment.
- Interact with local media to promote team and student athlete accomplishments.
- Report all scores and statistics to Director of Student Activities and Athletics and/or his/her assistant following each competition.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate expense records as they relate to team.
- High School Diploma.
- College degree is preferred.
- Some level of coaching experience is required preferably at the college, high school, or AAU level.