The Head Softball Coach will serve as the primary coach and administrator for the field hockey program. The Head Softball Coach will be responsible for instructing students in areas of the sports fundamentals, sportsmanship, leadership, film, scouting, recruiting, academic and conduct monitoring, and strength and conditioning.
Examples of Duties:
- Coaching responsibilities to include; instructing students on sport fundamentals, setting clear team goals and expectations, and providing feedback to students.
- Demonstrate teaching and coaching competencies with regards to skill instruction and tactical strategies.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive recruiting plan to include recruiting qualified collegiate student-athletes.
- Design and execute a competitive collegiate schedule.
- Monitor and provide input and instruction regarding the strength and conditioning program for the team.
- Oversee the management of team operating and fundraising budgets.
- Organize team travel arrangements including meals, hotels, and transportation.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Three years successful coaching experience at the high school or collegiate level required, head coaching experience at the collegiate level is preferred.