The person employed for this position must be able to teach the fundamentals of the sport and instill good sportsmanship behaviors in the participants. Additionally, adherence to WVSSAC rules and regulations as well as school and district policies is required.
- Valid West Virginia teaching certificate licensing; or, WVDE teaching permit or substitute permit; or high school diploma or GED;
- Coaches that are not professional teachers are required to complete the WVSSAC Training and Certification Program;
- Disposition for the position;
- Evidence of building relationships with student athletes;
- Respect in community;
- Willingness to work cooperatively with booster organizations;
- Reference evidence of exemplary character and coaching behavior;
- Applicants who have been dismissed or who have had their contracts non-renewed for cause by another school district are not eligible for consideration;
- Satisfactory past evaluations.
- Cooperates with principal;
- Cooperates with athletic director;
- Develops rapport with coaching staff within the school;
- Employs appropriate conduct during games and practices;
- Attends league, conference and WVSSAC meetings;
- Participates in activities that foster professional growth and development;
- Motivates staff and players toward desired goals;
- Commands respect example in appearance, manners, behavior and language.