St. Anthony Catholic High School, a private, college preparatory High school for young men and women, is seeking a Head Softball Coach. This is a seasonal part-time position. Position is expected to coach sport within the mission of St. Anthony Catholic High School and our Core Values of Honesty & Integrity; Community; Service & Social Justice; Scholarship; and Holistic Education. The Assistant Girls’ Varsity Basketball Coach reports to the Athletic Director.
- Instruct players in the rules, regulations, equipment and techniques of the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head coach.
- Assesses players skills, monitors players during competition and practice, and keeps the head coach informed of the athletic performance of athletes.
- Assists with determining game strategy.
- Supervise athletes during practices and competition.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Models good sportsmanship behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials and spectators.
- Participates in special activities to include senior night, athletic banquet, booster club meetings, and pep rallies.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents and students.