Develops and directs strategy for recruiting, counseling and coaching student athletes in the major sport program. Directs the conditioning of student athletes to achieve maximum athletic performance, assesses players' skills and assigns team positions, evaluates own and opposition team capabilities to determine game strategy, and coaches or directs coaches to instruct players in techniques of game. Supervises maintenance of field duties. Mentors student-athletes in achieving academic and athletic goals.
- A Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years of coaching experience with 2 years as head coach at the collegiate level and 3 years coaching experience at a high school/professional; collegiate level as assistant coaching.
- Experience in recruiting at the collegiate level required.
- Must have a positive coaching philosophy and excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Familiar with NCAA and NJCAA rules a plus.
- The successful candidate must be acculturated or be willing to become acculturated to the community and demographic flavors of the rural Midwest.