The Head Coach is responsible for providing effective leadership for, and day-to-day management of, the sports program. The Head Coach supports the academic mission of the college through athletics and recreation programs by teaching and demonstrating examples of leadership and value based decision making to student-athletes.
- Implements and maintains a standard of performance consistent with the College's goals of academic and athletic excellence.
- Promotes academic achievement among athletes.
- Consults with and works collaboratively with the Athletic Director and the Associate Director of Student-Athlete Health and Welfare regarding the academic performance of student-athletes as appropriate.
- Provides instruction, mentoring, coaching, evaluation of, and guidance to student-athletes to allow them to develop their athletic skills and abilities to maximum potential.
- Determines appropriate coaching methods and strategies in consultation with the Director of Athletics & Recreation.
- Provides effective leadership, mentoring and supervision to Assistant Coaches.
- Bachelor's degree require.
- At least 3 years of successful coaching experience at the intercollegiate level.
- previous experience managing budgets and staff.
- CPR, AED and first aid certification.
- Intermediate knowledge and conscientious adherence of rules and regulations of the NCAA and the Centennial Conference.
- Must pass the NCAA Division III Coaches Test.