The primary responsibilities of the Head coach include coaching the teams during practices and games, team and travel supervision, and recruiting. The employee must be able to relate effectively with a wide variety of students and individuals in the College community.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Responsible for the preparation and training of the team; which includes providing supervision and leadership for both practices and competitive activities.
- Organizes, supervises, coordinates, and evaluates practice sessions and related activities with proper attention to the player’s mental, emotional, social and physical well-being.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to the physical injury of any athlete and coordinates care of the athlete with the Athletic Trainer.
- Provides an example of competitive but sportsmanlike conduct.
- Deals fairly and honestly with all persons concerned with the sport.
- Graduation from an accredited institution with a Bachelor’s degree in physical education, coaching, sports administration or a related field OR any combination of education and experience totaling 7 year(s).
- Preference given to candidate with desire and ability to be an academic advisor for the athletic department.
- Must know how to recruit, schedule, train, teach and report results of the sport coached.
- Demonstrated capacity to recruit and retain quality-level, competitive student athletes.
- History of coaching success while maintaining discipline as well as supportive and professional relationships with players.