The head softball coach will direct all phases of the day-to-day operations of the BGSU softball program, including but not limited to: recruitment, instruction, development and competitive coaching of student-athletes. Also to include scheduling, coordination of travel, fundraising and camps, and to represent and promote the women's softball program within the established guidelines of BGSU, the Mid-American Conference and NCAA.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Coaching and instruction for both practices and competitions – this includes off season workouts
- Recruiting and communications with potential student-athletes and parents (includes: JumpForward software, NCAA paperwork, travel, etc.).
- Fundraising and maintaining relationships with Alumni.
- Hire and evaluate assistant coaches
- Promoting the program to the campus and community through public speaking and various community activities.
- Development and maintenance of annual budget (operations, recruiting, travel).
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy.
- Must pass the NCAA coaches test required annually.
- 3 to 4 years of collegiate softball coaching experience at the NCAA Division I, II, III, High School, or at an NAIA-affiliated institution.