Missouri S&T, a NCAA Division II institution, is accepting applications for the position of head coach of the softball program. The successful candidate will be a positive, enthusiastic individual who is committed to the academic and athletic success of student athletes and to the adherence to NCAA rules and regulations. The individual selected is responsible for all aspects in the operation and management of the softball program, including, but not limited to: recruiting, alumni relations, communications with various constituencies, planning practice, game preparations, and supporting other athletic department activities.
- Administers and plans all aspects of a competitive softball program.
- Demonstrates a philosophy that emphasizes academics as a top priority for student athletes.
- Supports, evaluates, and monitors the academic performance of student-athletes.
- Develops strategies to identify, recruit, and retain high caliper student-athletes that will succeed both academically and athletically in the softball program.
- Cooperates with the athletic training staff and other health care professionals in the care and prevention of injuries and illnesses.
- Responsible for managing a budget effectively according to department and university guidelines.
- Approves and manages all team travel, hotels, meals, equipment purchases, recruiting, and all other expenses.
- Promotes an environment of strong character by establishing and enforcing rules of conduct as well as fostering an environment that leads to academic, athletic, emotional, and social growth.
- Serves as ambassador for the softball program and engages with alumni, parents, and additional stakeholders.
- Responsible for annual fundraising goals and cultivating relationships with alumni.