The Head Softball Coach will direct all aspects of the administration of the Campbell University Division I Softball program. This position is responsible for the execution of proper departmental policy and procedures, hiring and supervision of assistant staff and support personnel, and ensuring the university softball program complies with all mandatory NCAA and Big South regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct practice, team competition, and game scheduling.
- Recruit and retain student-athletes that will advance the competitive and academic success of the Division I program.
- Oversee, maintain, and provide structured managerial techniques and consistent communication with team and department.
- Prepare budget recommendations and manage operating budget within the Policies and Procedures of the University.
- Represent Campbell University and the sport program at community and fundraising events.
- Communicate and at times work closely with, other departments on campus, such as academic advising, residence life, admissions, sports information, campus recreation, compliance, athletic training and strength and conditioning.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree desired.
- At least 5+ years of college coaching experience with proven recruiting at the NCAA Division I level desired.
- Experience competing as a NCAA Division I athlete.