DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of the District’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, Board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to District requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university.
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements for subject and level assigned.
- Knowledge of subjects assigned.
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.