The Head Softball Coach will oversee all aspects of a comprehensive and competitive intercollegiate softball program including but not limited to recruiting, practice planning, competition preparation, scouting, competition coaching, budgeting, scheduling, staff supervision, complying with the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA) and Southern Intercollegiate Athletics Conference (SIAC), and fundraising for the program.
- Recruits and retains qualified student-athletes.
- Oversees all aspects of a comprehensive softball program.
- Plans and executes a dynamic training program to develop and prepare student athletes to maximize their potential and pursue academic and athletic excellence.
- Successfully handles all aspects of coaching individuals and a team in a competition.
- Mentors and develops students both on and off the field.
- Makes recommendations for hires, supervises, and evaluates assistant coaches.
- Coordinates a competitive and balanced schedule.
- Developing scouting reports.
- Manages team and framework an established budget with things like purchasing equipment, apparel, etc..
- Monitors eligibility status of student athletes, academically and athletically.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of three (3) years of coaching experience.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience handling a budget.