- To recruit student athletes.
- To develop philosophy for all facets of the major sport to be carried into practices and games.
- To plan, schedule, and coordinate practices, games, personal and team travel in compliance with institutional policies and procedures.
- To develop strategies for the retention of current student athletes.
- To monitor and develop program and scholarship budgets.
- Mentor student-athletes in achieving academic and athletic goals.
- A Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- Five years of coaching experience with at least two years as a head coach.
- Experience in recruiting at the collegiate level required.
- Must have a positive coaching philosophy and excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Familiar with NCAA and NJCAA rules a plus.
- The successful candidate must be acculturated or be willing to become acculturated to the community and demographic flavors of the rural Midwest.