Minnesota West Community and Technical College seeks a Head Softball Coach on the Worthington campus who will be responsible for planning and directing the recruitment, conditioning, training and performance of student athletes. Other responsibilities include fiscal program management, scheduling coordination and day-to-day operations of the NJCAA Division III intercollegiate softball program.
- Coaching – Ability to plan practices, teach strategy, advance individual skills, enhance strength and conditioning, scout opponents and engage in video review with individuals and team; ability to motivate individuals and team in pursuit of top performance.
- Player development – Ability to provide academic support and personal mentoring through individual and team meetings.
- Fundraising – Ability to plan alumni and fan events and cultivate donor relations
- Day to day operations/transactions – Ability to manage budgets within allocated parameters, complete administrative transactions in a timely manner; engage in departmental communication with various staff to support program and student athletes.
- Technology system management – Ability to use technology effectively in communication and teaching including filming, editing and film exchange.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Evidence of softball coaching ability.
- Understanding of comprehensive duties of collegiate coaching.
- Valid driver’s license.
Minnesota West Community & Technical College is an equal opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity.