Georgia Highlands College is a multi-campus, state college member of the University System of Georgia.This position, reporting to the insitution's Athletic Director, is responsible for all components of a highly competitive NJCAA Division I softball program, including recruiting, on field coaching, overseeing conduct and discipline and providing academic advising for student athletes.
- Supervises all team practices, competition, and student athletes
- Develops and executes a recruitment plan
- Develops practice plans and game strategies for upcoming opponents
- Develops practice schedules and teaches the fundamental skills and drills of softball
- Performs on-field instruction and player development
- Organizes team travel for away games
- Conducts and supervises individual trainings for student athletes and off-season conditioning
- Monitors progress of student athletes and implements strategies to ensure academic and athletic success with an emphasis on sportsmanship, integrity, a competitive spirit, and academic success
- Promotes athletic program and events to the campus and community and raises funds in conjunction with the Office of Advancement and the President’s Office
- Manages Softball program budget
- Manages scholarship awards in coordination with the Director of Athletics
- Manages and cares for softball equipment and supervises maintenance of playing fields
- Maintains Softball website
- Represents the college at all regional and national meetings as required
- Performs assigned duties in a manner consistent with the mission, goals, and core values of the college
- This role is designed by the institution as a Position of Trust
- Maintains sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds
- Bachelor's degree in field relevant to position and three to five years of related experience; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Successful recruiting experience with a proven record of success in athletics and student academics
$40,000 - $44,000
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial transcripts if applicable
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- General knowledge of intercollegiate athletics at the NJCAA level
- Strong knowledge of NJCAA rules and regulations or ability to learn and retain quickly
- General knowledge of Title IX regulations
- General knowledge of FERPA guidelines
- Knowledge and experience with fund raising methods
- Knowledge and the ability to apply technology to athletic program management
- Knowledge of the repair and maintenance of fitness equipment
- Knowledge of gym, and athletic field area maintenance
- Knowledge of college budgetary and purchasing policies
- Knowledge of sports activities
- Skill in the use of computers and job-related software programs
- Skill in oral and written communication
Georgia Highlands College is a multi-campus, state college member of the University System of Georgia. Founded in 1970 as Floyd Junior College, it now serves more than 6,000 students in Northwest Georgia and Northeast Alabama across its five locations in Rome, Cartersville, Marietta, Dallas, and Douglasville. GHC currently offers over 30 areas of study with associate degree and bachelor’s degree options both in the classroom and online.
We are a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for great employees to grow in a fast-paced and challenging work environment that encourages employee wellness and overall success. Our combined efforts at GHC have led to numerous awards, honors, and countless stories of success for students and employees.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support, please contact the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Highlands College, as determined by Georgia Highlands College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity institution, Georgia Highlands College is committed to recruiting, hiring, training, promoting and educating persons without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. Any individuals requiring reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the application, selection or employment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources at 706-802-5136. GHC expects successful applicants to share this commitment.