Reporting to the Director and/or an Associate Director of Athletics, the Head Softball Coach is responsible for organizing and conducting an intercollegiate athletic program at the Division III level. The program shall be conducted under the rules and regulations of the National Collegiate Athletic Association, Division III, the Middle Atlantic Conferences (MAC), and the University. The incumbent is also responsible for supervising Assistant Coaches; teaching, evaluating and refining sport specific skill development for student-athletes; and recruitment of qualified student-athletes within the university and NCAA Division III guidelines. Head Coaches are asked to perform additional duties for the betterment of the Athletics Department and University. It is expected that the coach fulfills these duties with the same effort they would put into coaching their respective sport.
1. Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
2. Three years experience as Softball coach at the intercollegiate or high school levels, and highly competitive personal playing experience.
3. Knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and regulations a plus.
4. Commitment to support the academic progress and development of student-athletes.
5. Evidence of recruiting success in (*insert designated sport) programs.
6. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
7. Must have a First Aid and CPR certification or obtain them during the 90 day Introductory Period. National Red Cross certification preferred.
8. Willingness to travel and work varied hours including evenings and weekends.
9. Valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record in accordance with the university’s Motor Vehicle policy. A MVC check will be required at the time of hire and thereafter as deemed appropriate by the university. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the MVC check.
10. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.