- Present appropriate and effective classroom and laboratory learning experiences to students in a classroom, lab, or distance-learning format, including computer delivery.
- Assist in the planning for instruction: prepare course materials, objectives, syllabi, and curriculum design.
- Coach, recruit, and train members of the softball team.
- Must attend all ACCC Softball meetings.
- Supervise and provide duties for Assistant Coaches and Team Managers, if applicable.
- Organize and schedule practice sessions and games in accordance to Gadsden State CC, ACCC, and NJCAA deadlines for eligibility, stats, etc.
- Monitor student-athlete academic progress throughout the year.
- Oversee conduct and discipline of the softball program.
- Responsible for fundraising in support of the softball program.
- A minimum of a master’s degree with a minimum of 18 hours of graduate semester hours in an Academic Instructional Area (Business, Computer Science, Accounting, English, Social Science, Math, Chemistry, Physics) required.
- Prior experience in coaching softball at the high school or collegiate level required.
- Commitment to the teaching-learning process of the two-year community college and the open-door admissions process.
- CPR/AED trained within first 90 days of employment.
It is the official policy of the Alabama Community College System, including postsecondary institutions under the control of the Board of Trustees, that no person in Alabama shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, sex, religion, creed, national origin, age, or other classification protected by Federal or State law, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity or employment.