- Supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Instructing players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organize and direct individual and small group practice activities.
- Formulate game strategy.
- Maintain the equipment in orderly condition and assumes responsibility for its security.
- Model behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
- Traveling to and from away contests.
- 3 years of Head Coaching Softball experience at the Middle School or High School level preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the game is paramount. Extensive knowledge of current coaching techniques and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to instruct and supervise student athletes.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess the ability to relate to students and to teach them on and off the court.
- Must be willing to accept a high level of accountability.
- Must possess the ability to assess players.
- Candidates will be interviewed and the candidate who ranks highest in the interview. process and meets the requirements of the position will be recommended for the position.
South Kingstown Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.