The Head Women’s Softball Coach (Part-time) promotes and appreciation of physical fitness, teamwork, and sportsmanship. The Head Women’s Softball Coach provides leadership and supervision for team and individual sports and works closely with Athletics Director and administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and supervise the College Women’s Softball program and team.
- Help students achieve gains in athletic skills and team performance.
- Design a training program and game program.
- Organize and supervise the coaching staff to assure that the program is properly implemented.
- Train assistant coaches in techniques, skills, philosophy, rules, and strategies.
- Call meetings with coaching staff periodically and consistently throughout the sports season.
- Responsible for assisting the Athletic Director with scheduling of the following: game schedule, practice schedule, and transportation.
- Attend National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and Alabama Community College Conference (ACCC) rules meetings and adhere to rules and regulations.
- Develop team rules, communicate them to the players and their parents, and equitably enforce them.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited college preferred.
- Have a valid driver’s license, be able to drive, and quality under the district’s insurance carrier when driving a district vehicle.