The head strength and conditioning coach is responsible for the organization, supervision and direction of the strength and conditioning programs for all twelve varsity sport programs at Regis University. The head strength and conditioning coach shall perform all duties pertaining to her/his program.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Physiology or Exercise Science or related field.
- Experience teaching at the university level.
- 1-2 years' experience as strength & conditioning coach working with collegiate athletics teams and/or programs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, work, and understand the vastly different sport programs strength and conditioning needs.
- Hold one of the following 3 professional certifications: CSCS, USAW Level I, FMS Level I, or SCCC (CSCCa).
- Must maintain First Aid, CPR and AED certification.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Collaboration with other sports medicine professionals: Collaborate with the Sports Medicine and Physical Therapy staffs to develop programs to aid in injury prevention and return to participation plans for student-athletes. This includes documentation of athletes' workouts; provide and assist in the prevention, care, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries.
- Maintain facilities and equipment: Responsible for maintaining the varsity weight room and other athletic facilities, ensuring that the appearance of the facilities is representative of the Regis University image. The head strength and conditioning coach is responsible for evaluating and purchasing equipment in cooperation with the Director of Athletics. She/he is also responsible for ensuring that the equipment for the varsity weight room is properly maintained and stored.
- Monitor and balance the program budgets: Must provide input and work cooperatively with the Director of Athletics in budgeting for and requisitioning all goods and services need for the strength and conditioning program.