- Coaches/mentors student-athletes in their strength and conditioning training.
- Plans and meets with head coaches and strength and conditioning staff regarding sport-specific programming.
- Provides reports and maintains accurate records on all student-athletes.
- Ability to communicate and motivate student-athletics effectively.
- Design and implement speed, strength, and conditioning programs for specific sports.
- Weight room scheduling, supervision, and equipment maintenance.
- Consistent compliance with NCAA, MEAC, and DSU procedures, policies, and regulations.
- Maintains communication with administrators, coaches, and student-athletes.
- Education: Bachelors degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology or a related field. (Master's preferred).
- Five years of collegiate strength and conditioning coaching experience and/or a combination of professional athletics and/or Olympic strength and conditioning experience required.
- Current NSCA or CSCCA certification(s).
Delaware State University is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community. The University is dedicated to enhancing diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. The University is committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply.