Position is responsible to the NAPS Athletic Director and serves as a special advisor in the area of athletic and physical development. The strength and conditioning coach will provide daily supervision in the weight room, on the practice field and game day preparation. The strength coach will directly coordinate all weight room equipment inventory efforts.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design, implement, conduct, and monitor strength and conditioning for football, basketball, lacrosse, wrestling and track & field.
- Educate student-athletes about nutrition and supplementation.
- Coordinate with athletic training staff to assist with student-athlete rehabilitation of injured athletes.
- Responsible for meeting established goals and effectively managing resources of assigned programs.
- Oversees physical progress of all athletes throughout the academic year.
- Position will require work after hours and on weekends.
- Responsible for assisting sports teams in practice schedules, conducting meetings, game day management and team transportation.
- Supervision of weight room areas (two weight rooms)
- Responsible for equipment and inventory control for NAPS Athletic Department weight rooms (maintaining and new purchase).
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Certified in one of all the following: CSCS, SCCC or another related certification.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a college, high school or sports club strength and conditioning coach.