This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the organization, supervision and direction of the strength and conditioning for Women’s Basketball.
- Direct all aspects of the strength & conditioning program for women’s basketball. This position is expected to be part of all team activities, practices, games, team meals, travel, etc.
- Assist student-athletes to perform to their physical potential in their sport through the development and management of strength and conditioning programs; develop programs by evaluating current physical conditioning, having a knowledge of the sport(s) and associated exercises, tailoring strength programs for specific needs, demonstrating proper performance of exercises, correcting mistakes; manage programs by monitoring progress and providing an assessment of development.
- Reduce the occurrence of sport related injuries or the aggravation of such injuries during practice sessions and scheduled contests by being knowledgeable of the injuries commonly sustained in the sport and implementing proper pre-practice/competition warm-ups.
- Collaborate with the Sports Performance Team: Sports Medicine, Sports Nutrition and Sport Psychology.
- Participate in on-campus recruiting visits and team-building activities, as requested by the head coach.
- Achieve and maintain professional certification(s).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Physical Education, Sports Management or a related field or Equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with collegiate and/or professional athletes (Basketball preferred).
- Must hold a current strength and conditioning certification recognized by the NCAA (NSCA-CSCS and/or CSCCa - SCCC preferred) and preferably one of the following: USAW, CFSC, ACSM, NASM or AOLC.