This position reports to the Assistant Athletic Director for High Performance/Head Strength and Conditioning Coach. Responsibilities include the training and motivation of student-athletes to maximize their potential for athletic performance and injury prevention.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, organization, and supervision necessary to manage Saint Joseph’s Athletics strength and conditioning program for women’s basketball and other assigned sports.
- Develop and implement sport specific, scientifically based strength and conditioning programs for assigned teams.
- Have the knowledge and understanding of the rules and regulations of the NCAA and any conferences of which Saint Joseph’s is a member.
- Work cooperatively with coaches and the Sports Medicine staff to plan, organize, implement and supervise successful year-round sport-specific strength and conditioning programs.
- Stay abreast of all current trends, breakthroughs and developments in the science of speed, strength, and conditioning.
- Assist varsity student-athletes with rehabilitation programs prescribed and designed by physicians, physical therapists and athletic trainers from the High Performance team.
- Prepare reports for coaches on progress and testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree required and 3 years of experience in a collegiate or professional athletics environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- NSCA-CSCS or CSCCa-SCCC certification required.
- CPR and AED certification required.