Under the direction of the Associate Director of Athletics for Facilities and Operations, the incumbent develops and implements an approved program for strength and conditioning applicable to the intercollegiate athletic programs as well as the general population at the Florham Campus. Responsibilities include training, scheduling and supervising student-athlete strength and conditioning, supervising fitness center staff to include desk personnel and fitness center attendants, oversight maintenance of all equipment and developing and monitoring personal training programs for specific membership populations. Assures appropriate maintenance of equipment and supplies assigned to the strength and conditioning area; maintains records on examination and physical conditioning of student-athletes; works with coaches to develop specific plans for each athletic team within the department of athletics.
1. Baccalaureate degree with relevant courses in anatomy, physical education, health or related topics.
2. Certification through National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS).
3. Minimum of two (2) years experience supervising fitness and weight training programs.
4. Strong communication, interpersonal and decision-making skills.
5. Must have First Aid and CPR – professional rescuer certification prior to the first day of employment. American Red Cross or American Heart Association certification preferred.
6. Must be able to work flexible hours as required including evenings, weekends and some holidays.
7. Valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record in accordance with the university’s Motor Vehicle Policy. A MVC check will be required at the time of hire and thereafter as deemed appropriate by the university. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the MVC check.
8. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.