The Head Strength and Conditioning Coach is responsible for establishing, implementing, maintaining, and supervising a strength and conditioning program for all sports, with the goal of improving athletic performance, reducing athletic injury, and general care for the well-being of student-athletes.
- The desire to grow, develop, and mature, both spiritually and professionally.
- The ability to create and maintain a Christian professional atmosphere in all internal and external relationships.
- A spirit of cooperation and willingness to serve others.
- The desire and ability to disciple and mentor students.
- A professional appearance.
- Design and implement year-round strength training and conditioning programs for all school sponsored programs.
- Work in cooperation with athletic training staff in the rehabilitation for student-athletes.
- Design and implement policies and procedures in line with national professional standards and guidelines. (i.e. NSCA National Strength and Conditioning Association)
- Conduct annual needs analysis for each sports program in conjunction with the coach and the athletic training staff at the conclusion of the season.
- Annually conduct and review a departmental risk assessment and management plan.
- Complete annual budgetary review and proposal for the program that includes routine maintenance, equipment and staffing needs.