The Head Strength and Conditioning Coach will work closely with the Associate Athletic Director for Sports Medicine in the overall leadership of an NCAA Division II program. This individual will assist in planning, developing, implementing, communicating and administering the goals of this position in order to help fulfill University and Department Mission.
- Instruct, monitor and evaluate the strength and conditioning, speed, and agility programs for all sport teams. Ensure fundamental instruction and safety for student-athletes. Ensure and teach proper safety measures and proper oversight of weight training facilities.
- Communicate and collaborate with head coaches on a regular basis to facilitate scheduling, organizing and training needs and goals of the respective sport programs.
- Design, implement, teach and demonstrate team and individual strength and conditioning programs based on position, skill level and coaching staff expectations.
- Collaborate effectively with Sports Medicine personnel to ensure student-athletes are appropriately managed, cared for and given proper pre- and post-rehabilitation programs.
- Direct and instruct any full-time, part-time strength and conditioning coaches, graduate assistants and/or interns, volunteers, and work-study personnel on all sport performance-related issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Kinesiology and Sports Sciences or a similar field.
Master’s Degree.Three or more years of experience in the field of Sports Performance/Strength and Conditioning.Certification as a Strength and Conditioning Coach (CSCS or NSCA)