- Establish and sustain an environment that is marked by the highest priority of safety, attention to detail, respect for all, commitment to improving, and teamwork.
- Consult with the coaching staffs on strength and conditioning programs to develop and implement training that best suits each sport.
- Collaborate with coaching staffs to incorporate desired and specific goals into overall strength & conditioning plan.
- Provide testing, training and progress reports to coaches and supervisor (as required/requested).
- Provide proper instruction, supervision and motivation to all student-athletes.
- Work closely with the athletic training staff to help improve injury prevention and facilitate rehabilitation.
- Teach and advise student athletes on proper methods of rest and recovery.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience as a credentialed strength and conditioning coach.
- Credentials and membership in nationally recognized strength and conditioning organization (NSCA CSCS or equal).
- Current First aid, CPR and AED certification.
- Demonstrated effectiveness and proficiency in the design and teaching of strength training and conditioning theory and technique.
- Knowledge and ability to teach speed, agility and flexibility training.
- Understanding of basic nutritional guidelines as they pertain to athletic performance.
- Ability to motivate both male and female intercollegiate athletes.
- Ability to identify strengths and deficiencies in student athletes’ technical and physical execution and the ability to design individual workouts to address those issues to maximize performance.
Upper Iowa University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.