This position is responsible for the overall administration of the strength and conditioning program for 19 NCAA varsity athletic programs. The position is responsible for overseeing the overall function of the university fitness center. Reports to the Head Athletic Trainer.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Designing the annual strength & conditioning programs for 19 varsity sports.
- Collaborate with head coaches to design and implement sport-specific year-round training programs.
- Provide instruction to individuals and teams on proper multi-joint sport movements to enhance power, speed and flexibility.
- Collaborate with Athletic Training staff to devise injury prevention strategies and assist in the reconditioning of student-athletes returning to activity from injury.
- Hiring, training, and supervision of student staff and practicum students.
- Develop and maintain procedures, training and safety manuals on all program operations including equipment/ facility maintenance protocols.
- Prepare, monitor and evaluate the fitness center’s operating plan (hours open and supervision), updating and improving when necessary.
- Enhancement of campus health and wellness initiatives through various committees and input.
- 3 years experience in coaching and/or the fitness industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in physical/health education, exercise sciences, business, or recreation management.
- NSCA certification required.
- First aid/CPR/AED certification required and provided upon employment.
- Finalist candidates must satisfactorily complete pre-employment background checks.