Drake University, a Division I institution competing in the Missouri Valley Conference, seeks a Head Strength and Conditioning Coach for Men’s Basketball. This individual may also have the opportunity to serve as the Assistant Athletics Director for Sports Performance.
- Provide comprehensive support to men’s basketball including strength and conditioning, injury prevention, rehabilitation and nutrition.
- Oversee the sports performance of men’s basketball and other sports as assigned.
- Partner with the sports medicine staff in the rehabilitation, strengthening and support of injured athletes.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with other staff and departments.
- Be required travel as well as the ability to work non-traditional hours that include nights, weekends and holidays. Hours will vary based on practice, competition and recruiting schedules.
- Perform other tasks as assigned for the well-being of student-athletes and the Sports Performance department.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous experience working within collegiate or professional athletics.
- Knowledge in principles of nutrition.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Commitment to the standards set forth by Drake University and the NCAA.
- Hold and maintain appropriate professional certifications through the National Strength and Conditioning Association or Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association.
- Valid CPR/AED certification.
- Current driver's license and ability to be insured by the University's insurance carrier.