Saint Anselm College, a Catholic, liberal arts college in the Benedictine tradition, is seeking a full-time, year-round Head Strength & Conditioning Coach. This individual will report to the Associate Athletic Director and oversee sport specific strength and conditioning programs for the College’s 23 NCAA Division II sports teams. Additionally, this individual will manage and oversee the Spagnuolo Fitness Center in conjunction with the Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach.
- Collaborate with athletic training staff, medical staff, student-athletes, coaches, and administration regarding workout, flexibility, and rehabilitation programs for all athletes.
- Liaison to head coaches on matters related to strength and conditioning with an emphasis on communication and relationships.
- Create and maintain files and up to date records for all current athletes.
- Develop and monitor schedule of strength and conditioning center/varsity weight room.
- Monitor safety of personnel, maintenance of equipment, and adequacy of supplies.
- Consult with compliance and administration to ensure that all workouts are permissible within the NCAA parameters for pre-season, during season, and off-season time periods.
- Foster an environment which encourages the highest level of professionalism and respect.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related field (Exercise Science, Kinesiology, etc.).
- Master’s preferred.
- Experience working in a college athletics department or academic setting preferred.
- Excellence with interpersonal communications (written and oral) skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment is necessary.
- Ideal candidate will have excellent leadership and mentoring skills.
- Must be comfortable working in a flexible, team environment with a positive attitude and sense of humor.
- Unwavering commitment to academic integrity, gender equity, student-athlete welfare and knowledge of NCAA and Title IX compliance.