DSU’s athletic programs are RISING! We are seeking a highly motivated Head Strength & Conditioning Coach. The Head Strength & Conditioning Coach plays a significant role in elevating the performance and well-being of our student athletes. Dakota State University competes in the North Star Athletic Association (NSAA) of the NAIA. DSU currently offers 13 sports; 6 for men and 6 for women and 1 coed. This 12 month position reports directly to the Athletic Director.
- Design and implement programs to meet the specific needs and goals of the athletes and various sports programs.
- Attend and coach all strength and conditioning practices and competitions as needed to support coaches and athlete performance, health, and wellness.
- Conduct assessments to identify any areas of improvement for a student athlete.
- Assess the progress of athletes and track metrics including gains in strength, speed, etc.
- Integrate injury prevention techniques into programs and work in partnership with Athletic Training staff on injury-specific rehab.
- Supervise assistant strength and conditioning coach and graduate assistant coaches.
- Provide guidance and direction in design of programs, procedures, and coaching.
- Create a staffing schedule to ensure adequate coverage for all sports teams.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in exercise science, sports administration or other sports/exercise-related field.
- A nationally accredited certification in strength and conditioning by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA); Specifically, either the NSCA CSCS and/or the CSCCA SCCC.
- At least 2 years of experience in a strength and conditioning coach role.
- Current certifications in CPR, First Aid, and AED.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a passion for the profession and a strong commitment to student-athlete success.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours to include evenings and weekends; travel with teams if time allows.
- Must have exemplary ethical conduct and a commitment to follow all applicable NAIA and North Star Conference rules and regulations.