The Head Strength and Conditioning Coach / Exercise and Nutrition Science Instructor creates in-season and out-of-season strength and conditioning programs for all University of Montevallo student-athletes. The position will also teach in the College of Education and Human Development.
- Design and implement basic fitness, nutrition and strength and conditioning programs for student athletes.
- Work with coaching staff to create sport-specific team strength and conditioning programs.
- Fulfill the duties (lecture, lab, assess, grade, etc.) involved in teaching two courses per academic term from various Exercise Science offerings, including but not limited to Biomechanics, Science of Strength and Conditioning, and Program Design.
- Serve as an academic advisor for students in the College of Education and Human Development.
- Maintain records to assess the strength and conditioning programs for student-athletes.
- Manage and maintain the upkeep of the weight room and equipment.
- Supervise and evaluate Graduate Assistants.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess NSCA CSCS certification and provide documentation.
- Must be CPR/AED/First Aid certified, and provide documentation.
- Previous experience at the collegiate level strongly recommended.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division II rules and regulations.
- Demonstration of good communication skills, both written and verbal, with students, parents, campus community and other personnel.