The Head Strength Coach for Football will be responsible for the overall design, implementation, and direction of all strength and conditioning programs for the University of Louisville Football program. This position reports to the Associate Athletic Director for Student Health & Performance, in consultation with the Head Football Coach.
- Design and implementation of all strength and conditioning programs for the football program, including student-athlete assessments/testing, charting workouts, and reporting student-athlete progress to the Head Coach (weight amounts, testing numbers).
- Oversee a staff of four full-time strength coaches.
- Instruct student-athletes on effective, proper and safe strength and conditioning techniques and use of equipment.
- Collaborate with athletic trainers in designing injury prevention and injury reconditioning programs; provide injury monitoring and mitigation information.
- Collaborate with and assist sport nutritionist in program implementation.
- Implement all warm-up routines and methods for games and competition, including practices.
- Assist with substitutions and injuries on game days.
- Bachelor degree in Physical Education, Exercise Physiology or a related field.
- Four years' experience as a weight/strength coach at the college level, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certification as a strength and conditioning specialist (CSCS) or strength and conditioning coach certified (SCCC).
- CPR/AED and First Aid Certification. Grade EX.