The Head Sports Performance Coach - Football, supervises the Assistant Sports Performance Coach - Football and one graduate assistant. The Head Sports Performance Coach – Football is responsible for overseeing the physical preparation of the Campbell University Football Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supervision of assistant sports performance coach-FB and a graduate assistant.
- Provide expert instruction in the use of all free weights, machines and conditioning equipment tailored to football.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate, up-to-date budget, in addition to, staying within the allocated budget for the football strength and conditioning department.
- Provide education on all strength training protocols, energy system development protocols, and recovery modalities (including resources on nutrition and supplements) for student- athletes and sport coaches.
- Responsible for all aspects of speed, strength and conditioning for the Football program.
- Responsible for the supervision of all sports performance facility equipment, the Burt Sports Performance Center, and adhering to all safety policies and procedures for each facility.
- Responsible for collaborating with the Athletic Training Staff to assist with rehabilitation programs and return-to-play protocols for injured athletes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in exercise science or a related field required; Master’s Degree desired.
- At least (5) years of experience in strength training at the collegiate level or above.
- Certification, including those offered by the National Strength and Conditioning Associate or the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association.