The University of Akron, a NCAA Division 1 (FBS) institution and member of the Mid-American Conference is seeking applicants for the position of Head Strength and Conditioning Coach for Football.
- Manage all phases of the strength and conditioning programs for Intercollegiate Athletics Department. Make recommendations regarding safety of athletic conditioning and weight training programs and equipment.
- Provide expertise, guidance, and training in the areas of strength training, physical conditioning, and nutritional education for student athletes. Counsel and motivate student athletes regarding conditioning and weight training programs.
- Coordinate the strength and conditioning program by designing and implementing strength and conditioning programs, regularly testing the student athletes to determine the effectiveness of the programs and maintaining accurate records of student athlete's progress.
- Collaborate with athletic medical staff, student athletes, coaches and administration regarding conditioning and weight training programs.
- Enforce policies and procedures of the Intercollegiate Athletic Department and weight training faculties.
- Oversee and manage operating budget. Oversee and plan for facility and equipment renovations and improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in exercise science or related field required.
- Certification by the NSCA, CSCCa, and/or USA weightlifting.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of experience providing collegiate strength and conditioning coaching to student athletes.
- 5 years of experience preferred.
- Knowledge of weight training and conditioning techniques and nutritional guidance required.
- Strong communication skills, problem-solving skills and computer skills including word processing and spreadsheet capabilities required.
- Ability to instruct classes and supervise students required.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours and travel required.