The head coach will coordinate all aspects of the swimming and diving program including coaching, team management, organizing, planning and scheduling of both practices (in-water and dryland activity) and performances, player development, mentoring/retaining student-athletes, monitoring academic progress of student-athletes, student-athlete recruiting, promotion of the program, budgeting, alumni relations and fundraising.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of, and compliance with, Bluffton University and NCAA Division III rules and regulations.
- Acts as chief spokesperson for assigned sport.
- Schedules pre-season and in-season contests in consultation with the Director of Athletics.
- Organizes and conducts practices and conditioning sessions.
- Coordinates the distribution, collection and storage of athletic equipment, uniforms and supplies (during the season and at its conclusion) and the collection of fees for lost equipment and uniforms by student-athletes.
- Fields competitive teams when playing other NCAA Division III colleges and universities. This is to be assessed over a three to four year time span.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Prefer three (3) years of coaching experience at the collegiate level or successful head coach experience at the high school level.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move to up to 50 pounds.
- Involves evening and weekend hours.