Position is responsible for coaching student athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition. Position motivates student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport.
- Current IVP Fingerprint Card.
- Demonstrates knowledge of related subject matter, instructional skills, and resource materials.
- Utilizes a variety of effective instructional and management techniques.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative and effective professional relationships with teachers, administrators, parents, students.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with parents and school personnel at all levels.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletics to participate in the sport.
- Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Coaches and instructs players, individually or in a groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment and techniques of the sport.
- Observes players, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Determines game strategy based on the team's capabilities.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior and provides proper supervision of athletes.
- Monitors the academic performance of team members to ensure the eligibility requirements are met; and encourages student athletics to maintain a high academic standard.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete injury.