Under the general direction of the Assistant Recreation Director, this will oversee the Plainville Recreation Swim Team including supervising practices and swim meets, providing stroke technique feedback, interacting with swimmers from ages 5-17 and their parents. This position will be mostly weekday (Monday-Thursday) nights with some swim meets on Saturday mornings as well. Practices start in November and go through February.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to all safety standards for the care and wellbeing of participants in a pool environment.
- Coordinates with parent volunteer group for swim meets.
- Provides written and oral communication to Assistant Recreation Director, staff, and parents.
- Makes all necessary preparation for swim meets; notifies swimmers of their events, prepares team lineup and entry cards and confirms swim meet arrangements with opponents.
- Instructs and supervises swimmers at all practices and swim meets.
- Provides a safe, fun, and positive environment for all swimmers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Two Years of swim team coaching experience.
- Four Years of competitive swimming experience.
- Current American Red Cross Safety Training for Swim Coaches Certificate, or equal (must be obtained within 1 month of hire).
- Current American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Certificate equal (must be obtained within 1 month of hire).