- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training or Water Safety Instructor certification(s) preferred.
- Knowledge of the general philosophy of aquatics, recreation, and its application; safety and emergency first-aid procedures; and customer service principle preferred.
- Ability to safely extricate individuals from a pool who vary in weight, with or without assistance, at any given time.
- Ability to react effectively to all potential mental, physical, and stressful situations inherent to the duties of a First Responder.
- Has knowledge of equipment such as pool vacuums, chemical levels and computers.
- Has knowledge of Digiquatics Aquatics Software.
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be at least sixteen (16) years of age.
- Have at least two (2) years of experience on a competitive swim team as a participant and have taught and/or coached children at least one (1) year in a professional setting.
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches and Concussion recognition are required or ability to obtain prior to start of season and must be renewed annually.