The City of Northglenn is seeking a highly motivated and energetic individual to fill a year-round, full-time Head Swim Coach position. The incumbent will lead and oversee the Northglenn Fusion Swim Club, a member of USA Swimming.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and implements a wide variety of swim training programs. Aids with swim club program design.
- Serves as the liaison between the Parks, Recreation, & Culture Department and USA Swimming.
- Communicates effectively with swim club members, member families, potential members and their families, other coaches, staff, meet officials, and supervisors.
- Assists with the recruitment and development of coaching staff and athletes.
- Works collaboratively with the recreation supervisor and aquatics coordinator to establish and meet club goals and objectives.
- Coordinates and manages all swim club logistics to include meet and practice schedules, training plans, team enrollment, monthly billing, record retention, etc.
- Maintain swim equipment and work with supervisor to identify any needs.
- Effectively manages risk associated with running a swim team.
- Actively engage in regular meetings with supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent. One or more years of college in a related field such as recreation, exercise science, sports management, physical education, etc., preferred.
- Two or more years of previous swim coaching experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have previous experience and knowledge of USA swim team.
- Possession of all applicable USA Swimming coaching certifications or willingness to obtain within 3 month of employment.
- Knowledge and experience with Team Unify software, preferred.