The City of Northglenn is seeking a highly motivated and energetic individual to fill a year-round, full-time Head Swim Coach position. The incumbent will lead and oversee the Northglenn Fusion Swim Club, a member of USA Swimming.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and implements a wide variety of swim training programs. Aids with swim club program design.
- Serves as the liaison between the Parks, Recreation, & Culture Department and USA Swimming.
- Communicates effectively with swim club members, member families, potential members and their families, other coaches, staff, meet officials, and supervisors.
- Assists with the recruitment and development of coaching staff and athletes.
- Works collaboratively with the recreation supervisor and aquatics coordinator to establish and meet club goals and objectives.
- Coordinates and manages all swim club logistics to include meet and practice schedules, training plans, team enrollment, monthly billing, record retention, etc.
- Maintain swim equipment and work with supervisor to identify any needs.
Education and Experience:
- Research shows that women and other underrepresented and historically marginalized groups tend to apply only when they check every box in the posting. If you are reading this and hesitating to click “apply” for that reason, we encourage you to go for it! A true passion and excitement for making an impact is just as important as work experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent. One or more years of college in a related field such as recreation, exercise science, sports management, physical education, etc., preferred.
- Two or more years of previous swim coaching experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have previous experience and knowledge of USA swim team.