Our Ideal Candidate:
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training or Water Safety Instructor certification(s) preferred.
- Knowledge of the general philosophy of aquatics, recreation, and its application; safety and emergency first-aid procedures; and customer service principle preferred.
- Ability to safely extricate individuals from a pool who vary in weight, with or without assistance, at any given time.
- Ability to react effectively to all potential mental, physical, and stressful situations inherent to the duties of a First Responder.
- Has knowledge of equipment such as pool vacuums, chemical levels and computers.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Two (2) years previous competitive coaching experience (a combination of seasons equating to 2 years, also accepted).
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches and Concussion recognition are required or ability to obtain prior to start of season and must be renewed annually.