Candidates must possess or be eligible for West Virginia Teacher Certification; or, possess or have the ability to obtain the WV Coaching Authorization, prior to the start of the season (High School Diploma or GED required). This includes successful completion of a three-day ASEP / WVSSAC certification training class, with three online exams, followed by four NFHS / WVSSAC online courses with online exams, and required CPR/AED/First Aid Safeschools trainings. Appropriate grade level athletic coaching experience within the last five years required.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for the administration of the designated sports program.
- Development of team philosophies & responsibilities.
- Supervision of players and assistant coaches.
- Inventory of all equipment.
- Work with athletic director/principal on program budget.
- Maintenance of fields and facilities.
- Prepare practice/game plans.
- Develop and supervise an off-season strength and conditioning program.
- Develop a program to follow player academic progress.
- Care of injuries.
- Develop positive relationships with players, parents, students, coaches, band, faculty, officials, media, and the community.