Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the Department Director to promote healthy living, social responsibility and youth development.
- Works closely with the Department Director to create and execute campaigns, programs and/or curriculum for the advancement of the Y while ensuring safety, licensing standards and the Y's reputation while providing the highest level of customer service.
- Works with other staff to provide quality programming.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with participants and connects participants to the Y.
- Ensures ongoing compliance with MSI/USA swimming rules and health and safety regulations.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- 3-5 years of experience in related field.
- CPR and First Aid certification required within 60 days of hire.
- Team player, with superb interpersonal skills. An ability to work with co-workers and the public in a positive and friendly manner and resolve conflicts as needed.
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task, work independently and adapt to changing circumstances in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn new software.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record with access to personal vehicle.
- Strong swimming skills and basic water rescue.